Tuesday 2 October 2007

Banging your head against a brick wall, only to find it's not made of brick, it's made of trifle

Oh for God's sake!

The fresher flu caused me to sleep for roughly 48 of the last 72 hours. Really.

Having finally gotten over it, I made my way towards my seminar. I got the time wrong, which meant i was an hour late for it. The I couldn't find the room. When I did find the room, it had been evacuated. The room it had supposedly been moved to contained a Spanish class. After briefly considering just giving up and doing Spanish I decided, instead, to just give up.

A fine start to my year this has been. I have so far missed all my lectures and seminars this week. My house is horrible, so I shower and sometimes sleep on campus. Right now I hate Royal Holloway.

In other news, my student finance form was returned yesterday by the Royal Mail. Jam had forgotten to put the address on it. I have decided to file this under 'hilarious' rather than 'infuriating' as, frankly, it is the kind of shitbollock idiocy I am known for myself. However it does mean that, unless I win the poker tourney tonight, I am broke for a while.

I have been thinking a lot today about the principle of "creative destruction". More specifically, I ahve been thinking that maybe it is one of those times in humanity's development where we should just shoput 'fuck it', tear the whole lot up and have another go. The Mayans had the good sense to just shrug their shoulders and leave behind their broken society. Perhaps we should too.

Of course, I'm guessing this apoplectic misdirected rage is a mixture of the arse end of my flu and the start of year blues. But, right now, Tyler Durden's vision sounds like a good one:

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."

For some reason that has always given me goosebumps. Sadly, I don't have time to blow up any credit card companies this week as I ahve too many lectures. That, and anarchy doesn't work .

Well, it didn't take my blog very long to go all ranty and emo, now, did it? I apologise on behalf of myself and my ancestors. In future more funny, less crazy. Promise.

No comments: